Your privacy is our priority!
LET’S INTRODUCE OURSELVES!
Our organization makes the website www.appscenic.com. Our application is available on Shopify, Capterra, Trustpilot and other providers.
Company: APPSCENIC LTD, a UK limited liability company, doing business as AppScenic – Data collector
Headquarters: 35 Westegate, Huddersfield, North Yorkshire, HD1 1PA, UK; Email address: [email protected]
Correct information about our users and their personal data safety is very important for us.
AppScenic.com (the “website”), including AppScenic’s policies on the collection, use, and disclosure of information, purpose, access and update of your personal information in connection with your use of the site and what are your rights in this relationship.
1. PERSONAL DATA UNDER THE GDPR
Personal data is any information about a person that is able to determine, directly or indirectly, the identification of the respective person. That includes the name, any number of identification, any information about his home address, location, or any other online means to identify, such as accessing an internet device, IP address, or information collected through cookies.
2. WE PROVIDE TECHNICAL SOLUTIONS TO PROTECT YOUR PRIVACY
In this process of collecting and using your personal data, we took all technical measures in order for you to agree to our policies by being fully aware of the consequences of your commitment. Thus, we use ISO 27001, CyberEssentials and PCI DSS that assure high standards of protection of our users.
3. THE PURPOSE OF ASKING FOR YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Our aim is an educational one as well as a commercial one in order for us to maintain you fully informed with our offers by fully complying with the European Regulation concerning personal data (GDPR).
4. OUR SERVICES SHOULD NOT BE USED BY CHILDREN UNDER 16 YEARS OLD
Please take into consideration that the website, App, or services are not intended for children under 16 years old. Do not use or provide any information on the website, App, or services, or any other use of our services if you are under 16! If we learn that we have collected unknowingly, by any means, personal information from a child under 16 without verification of parental consent, we will immediately delete that information. Please contact us if you know that we have received any information from or about a child under 16.
5. APPSCENIC ACTS AS CONTROLLER AS WELL AS PROCESSOR
7. YOUR DUTY TO INFORM US CORRECTLY ABOUT YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Under the law, you have the obligation to inform us correctly about your personal data and also, in order to keep our relationship efficient, it is important that you inform us in due time about the changes in your personal data.
8. THIRD-PARTY LINKS
AppScenic uses links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. By accessing the links you may allow third-parties to collect or share information about you. AppScenic has no control of these third-parties websites therefore we are not responsible for their privacy policies.
9. CONTACT DETAILS
You can contact us at this email address: [email protected] and we shall provide to you all the information that we collected about you. Also, upon your request, we shall delete all information that we have collected about you.
If you are under the European Union Regulation, please note that you have the right to file a complaint at any time to your local supervisory authority for data protection issues. Nevertheless, please give us the chance to deal with your problems before you complain to the authority as we are fully committed to deal and quickly solve any of your concerns.
2. DATA APPSCENIC COLLECTS ABOUT YOU
We collect all personal data as has been mentioned above at point I.A. It does not include data that cannot be related to an identifiable person.
AppScenic may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about:
- Identity Data: first name, last name, username, or similar identifier;
- Contact Data: email address and telephone numbers, billing address and delivery address;
- Financial Data: payment card details;
- Transaction Data: details about payments to and from you and other details of services you have purchased from us;
- Technical Data: your login data, browser type and version, internet protocol (IP) address, your mobile device’s unique ID number time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access the Website or on which the App is installed and used;
- Profile Data: your username and password, purchases or orders made by you, your location, preferences, feedback and survey responses;
- Usage Data: data about how you use our Website, App, other App(s) and Services, such as the buttons, controls, products and ads you click on, pages of our App or Website that you visit, the time spent on those pages, your search questions, the dates and times of your visits or use, but also about the products that you are tracking through the App and Service, how many times you use those products, and other related data regarding such usage by you;
If you fail to provide personal information.
We need to collect personal information by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you. If you do not provide that information when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to conclude with you. In this situation, we may have to cancel a service you have with us, but, at that time, we will notify you if this is the case.
3. HOW APPSCENIC COLLECTS YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We use different methods to collect data from and about individuals:
- Direct interplay by you
You may give us identity, contact and banking data by filling in forms, linking through your account or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide or allow to access when you:
- create an account and profile with us;
- buy one of the services;
- subscribe to our email alerts;
- fill in one of our online forms to receive our reports and case studies;
- sign up for a demo of our services;
- apply for marketing to be sent to you;
- download or otherwise access one of our magazines, videos, e-books;
- contact our customer service;
- provide us some feedback.
4. HOW APPSCENIC USES YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We will only use your personal information when the law allows us to. Mostly, we will use your personal data in the following situations:
- when we have to execute the contract we have concluded or we are about to conclude.
- when it is necessary for our legitimate interests or those of a third-party and your interests and fundamental rights do not pass over those interests.
- when we need to respect the law or other regulatory provisions.
Lawful grounds that we will recline upon to process your personal data are:
- Legitimate Interest – this means the interest of our business in managing our business to be able to assure you the best service and most secure experience. AppScenic is committed to protecting you against any potential impact on you and your rights before we process your personal data for our legitimate interests. Unless we have your consent or are otherwise required or permitted by law, we do not use your personal information for activities where our interests are passed over by the impact on you. We are at your disposal if you need to find out more about how we assess our legitimate interests against any potential impact on you
- Execution of Contract – this means processing your information where it is necessary for the execution of a contract to which you are a party or to take steps at your request before entering into such a contract.
- Comply with a legal or regulation mandatory provision – this means processing your personal data in respect of the law and regulations applicable in the case.
- Consent – this means you have consented to our use of data in this manner.
We may ask for your express consent for certain uses, and you are free to withdraw that consent at any time. Generally, we do not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal information other than in relation to sending third-party direct marketing communications to you via email or text message. You have the right to withdraw consent to marketing at any time by contacting us.
- Purposes for which we will use your personal information
We have determined a description of all the ways we plan to use your personal information, and which of the legal bases we recline upon to do so. It is important to know that we may process your personal data for more than one lawful ground depending on the specific purpose for which we are using your information. Feel free to contact us for any questions related to the list below.
- Purpose and information of the activity type
Lawful grounds for processing including basis of legitimate interest to register you as a new customer:
a. Identity; b. Contact.
Execution of a contract with you to allow your use of the service:
Performance of a contract with you to process and deliver your order including:
a. Manage payments, fees and charges.
Collect and recover money owed to us:
d. Transaction e.
Marketing and Communications:
a. Performance of a contract with you;
b. Necessary for our legitimate interests (to recover debts due to us).
In order to manage our relationship with you we should be able to conclude and execute a contract with you:
a) Notifying you about changes to our terms or
d) Asking you to leave a review or take a survey interest (to keep our records updated and to study how customers use our services).
To enable you to partake in a prize draw, competition, or complete a survey:
d. Marketing and Communications;
Marketing and Communications:
a. Performance of a contract with you;
b. Necessary for our legitimate interests (to study how customers use our services, to develop them and grow our business).
To administer and protect our business and this Website and App including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, system maintenance, support, reporting and hosting of data:
a. Necessary for our legitimate interests (for running our business, provision of administration and IT services, network security, to prevent fraud and in the context of a business reorganization or group restructuring exercise);
b. Necessary to comply with a legal obligation.
To use data analytics to improve our website, services, customer relationships and experiences:
Necessary for our legitimate interests to define types of customers for our services, to keep our Website and Mobile App updated and relevant, to develop our business and to inform about our strategy.
To make suggestions and recommendations to you about services that may be of interest to you:
b. Usage (a. Identity; b. Contact; c. Technical; d. Usage; e. Profile)
Necessary for our legitimate interests to develop our services and grow our business or where have otherwise consented to such usage.
We established a system in order to provide you with choices regarding certain personal information uses, particularly around marketing and advertising. You have the possibility to opt out of receiving any further marketing or advertising emails from us through the mechanism provided to you. We may send you targeted advertising through the service.
- Promotional offers from us
We may use your identity, contact, technical, usage and profile data to form a view on what you may want or need, or what may be of your interest. This is how we decide which products, services and offers may be relevant for you. We will send to you marketing communications, at your express request. If you bought services from us or if you provided us with your details when you entered a competition or registered for a promotion and, in each case, you have not opted out of receiving that marketing, you will get a promotional offer from us.
- Third-party marketing
We will get your express opt-in consent before we share your personal information with any company outside our company for marketing purposes. That includes service providers who perform marketing services on our behalf, such as conducting surveys, sending communications to you on our behalf, or serving advertisements to you.
- Opting out
At any time, you can demand us or third-parties to stop sending you marketing messages by contacting us the moment you decided it. Even if you opt out of getting these marketing messages, this will not apply to personal information provided to us as a result of a service purchase, service experience or other transactions.
- Cookies (website only)
- Change of purpose
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If you wish to get an explanation as to how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please contact us at [email protected] If we need to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so. Please note that we may process your personal information without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
5. DISCLOSURES OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA BY US OUTSIDE OF THE SERVICES
We may have to share your personal information with the parties set out below for the purposes set out in the table in paragraph 4 above. Third-Party categories :
- Service providers who provide IT and system administration services;
- Social networking sites to which you have linked your account;
- Professional advisers including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers based outside UK and EU, mainly in USA, who provide consultancy, banking, legal, insurance and accounting service;
- Regulators and other government authorities, acting as processors or joint controllers based in Canada, the United States, UK and in the EEA who require reporting of processing activities in certain circumstances;
We require all third-parties to respect the security of your personal information and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal information for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
6. INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFERS
All international data transfers are subjected to the provisions of the EU Decision 2021/915 of 4 June 2021 on the standard contractual clauses between controllers and processors under Article 28(7) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council and Article 29(7) of Regulation (EU) 2018/1725 of the European Parliament and of the Council.
Any transfer of data to a third country or an international organisation by our processors is done only on the basis of documented instructions from the AppScenic or in order to fulfil a specific requirement under Union or Member State law to which the processor is subject and shall take place in compliance with Chapter V of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 or Regulation (EU) 2018/1725.
We share your personal data within our company and to our third-party service providers such as Amazon Web Services or other providers. This could determine transferring your information internationally, including without limitation, if you are based in the European Union, transferring your data outside the European Economic Area (EEA). Many of our external third-parties are also located outside the European Economic Area (EEA) so their processing of your personal data will imply a transfer of information outside the EEA. We have established a similar degree of protection with suitable safeguards for the transfer of your personal information out of the EEA thus complying with the GDPR requirements. You may contact us at any time if you want further information on the specific mechanism used by us when transferring your personal data out of the EEA.
7. DATA SECURITY
We have implemented adequate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorized way, altered or disclosed. Also, we limit the access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third-parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data in accordance with our specific instructions, being subjected to a duty of confidentiality. We have implemented procedures to deal with any personal data breach. In this situation, you will be immediately notified of the breach, together with any applicable regulator, in accordance with our legal obligations.
8. DATA STORAGE
We will only store and use your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for. This comprises also the reaching of the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. The suitable retention period for personal data is determined by several factors: the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal information, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements. In accordance with the law, we have to store basic information about our customers relative to contact, identity, financial and transaction data for six years after they stop being customers for tax and other legally required purposes. In some circumstances, you can ask us to erase your data. In other, such as research or statistical purposes, we may anonymize your personal data so as to eliminate any association with you in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
9. YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
You have rights under data protection laws concerning your personal information. You may have the right to:
- Request access to your personal information – “data subject access request”). This permits you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This allows you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we store about you corrected after verification of the correctness of the new information you provide to us.
- Request to delete your personal information. This gives you the possibility to ask us to remove personal information as long as there is no good reason for us to continue to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing, where we may have processed your information unlawfully or where we are required to erase your personal information to comply with local law. It is important to be aware that we may not always be able to comply with your request of deleting all data about you that we store because of specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
- Object to processing of your personal data in case we are relying on legitimate interest or those of a third party and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to oppose processing on this ground as you consider it affects your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object if we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. We may find ourselves in a situation that proves that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which passes over your rights and freedoms.
- Request restriction of processing of your personal data. As a result, you may ask us to suspend the processing of your personal data in the following scenarios:
- (a) if you want us to determine the information’s accuracy;
- (b) our use of the information is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it;
- (c) you need us to hold the information even if we no longer demand it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims;
- (d) you have objected to our use of your information but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
- Withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal information. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
- If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact us using the details set out above.
No fee is usually required. You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal information (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
What we may need from you. We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal information (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal information is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
Time limit to respond. We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
Effective date: July 21, 2021